Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

2.8.06

Today's prescription.

Patients want their doctors to prescribe them something to heal their illnesses.
Pink sang in her song 'Don't Let Me Get Me' so doctor won't you please prescribe me something for being in the life of someone else, don't let me get me.

Patients knew, with their illnesses, they could count on the doctor.

I have my illnesses too, spiritually. And so I counted on God, the ultimate physician and doctor, because Jesus came for the sick. Yeah, I am sick in many ways people don't see. But I myself, and of course the Father who created me, know better.

I have been disappointed again and again in life, not only by the people around me and those I love, but also by myself. I question, 'Why do I feel so wrong?' It's like I am living, but I am not doing it right. Each day I meet people, be in their lives, and reach out to others. But I still feel so wrong.

This feeling troubled me for days. There exists this void in me that is there because of something. And it is this something that I need to find out. I prayed to God that He will help me get out of this mess that I got myself into. Yeah, I feel exactly that way.. that my life is so messed up because of my own doings.

Thank God for anwering my prayer as I turned to Colossians 3.
Colossians 3
1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

He hit the right button! I felt so wrong because my focus was wrong. I did all the reaching out and living each day with the thought of helping and loving them. This doing is right, but I was doing it without the right foundation for all these doings - that I seek those things which are above. My wrong focus had also cost me the trust some of my friends and loved ones used to have in me. They accused me for doing things just because I want to buy them into Christianity. This is a warning sign that I have to open my eyse bigger to see what I missed.

Focus. That is it.

If our focus is wrong, not on things aobve, we will reach out to others with an impression to them that we are just like those direct-selling organisations, wanting to expand. Oh how wrong we are! How wrong I was! I was so caught up with the desire to have my loved ones saved that I reached out without truly loving, without the right focus.

Sometimes we reach out to others only because we want them saved. It's good intentions, but it is still wrong. Jesus asked us to LOVE. So fellow brothers and sisters, just LOVE. One day, the seeds of love that we have planted in these people's hearts will lead them to Him. I was led to God by that :)

2 comments:

  1. hiakz..nice teachings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is a very insightful piece! Thanx for sharing :) Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete