Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

1.8.06

Birthday lesson.

Oh darn, I am so ashamed of myself.

Yesterday, Teng Yung insisted on seeing my photos instead of my stamps collection. I hesitantly pulled out the photo albums one by one and guided him through the photos again. He had seen it before, and wanted to see it again.

So, we started from one album that consists of my primary school year photos..and then to one with my baby pics. Apparently, my face didn't change since the age of 4 :P This was what Teng Yung say, but I am not sure if I agree :)

Anyway, we came across a few photos of my birthday parties. When I looked at the photos, I saw a table full of food - french fries, sausages, watermelon cut into small pieces, red eggs, fried bee hoon and of course, a big birthday cake right in the middle of the pile of food on the table. I was amazed at the strength of the table!

The other thing I noticed besides the food, hehe, in the photos, were the friends that stood by my side, who sang birthday song and were willing to be in the photos with me. I regretted not keeping in touch with some of them.

But as I looked into these photos, the thing that I remembered most, well, not exactly thing, more like persons, were my parents.

Looking at these photos brought back flashes of memories which comprise moments I saw my parents busy cleaning up and preparing in the kitchen, rushing in and out of it, to prepare the food and make sure everything is OK. They even did the invitation where I was supposed to do it because it was my birthdays after all. They were exhausted at my birthday parties. Very stressed out in fact. I remembered hearing them complain: "Have party, so ma farn!" But they still did it for me, not once, but many times.

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt in me as I look at these photos and think back to those times... my parents have given so much to me. They ensured I have the best childhood. And I did.

And then I tried to recollect if I did anything for them. Anything... haha, guess what? I can't think of any at all.

I am such a spoilt brat. My parents are giving me so much and all I do is ask for more.

Thank God I realised... although it may be too late. So, now, in one of the transitions in life I am going through now, I know, in my walk with God, where one of my commitment shall be in. My wonderful, loving, superb, parents.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, at least you realized it! And anyway, you're a far better daughter than you think you are. :)

    ReplyDelete