Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

14.5.06

Take Time to Listen.

Many times we conclude that a person is an introvert and do not open up to people, or is a freak who have no social skills, just because that person did not talk to us first.

I faced such a situation with my roommate for 2 years. It's not easy to live with a person like her. She doesn't like to smile, and laughs only once in a blue moon while watching some funny TV sitcom, and worst part of all, she doesn't talk much. Even when she does, she only talks about her work, and how she did this and that better than the rest of her friends.

I always thought that it is impossible to talk to such a person, and I chose to keep it at that, without trying to find out a way to make her truly open up. But God revealed to me that my approach is not the way, if we want to reach out to people close to us.

In Jeremiah 5:21 - Hear this...who have ears but do not hear.
This verse somehow brought my thoughts to 3 persons in my life - my roommate, TY and my family. There is a serious problem in the ways I communicate with them, and I found the problem. Many times, misunderstandings occur because I always push my stand forward first, without taking time to listen to them first. This verse tells us that God speaks to those who takes time to listen. Similarly, if we take time to listen to these people, they would naturally open up to us, share with us their innermost thoughts and feelings.

So we must be the first to lend an ear. Without an ear, no sound or voice can be heard. So, go lend an ear to someone today if you want to reach out. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment