Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

10.5.06

FooLish O-Me.

Quarrel. Quarrel. Quarrel.

A friend once told me that it is an essential element to have quarrels in a relationship, and it is normal. I naively believed what he said. But now I know the truth. Next time I will ask anyone who told me this: "Normal to who?"

One of the ways Satan draws people away from God is through quarrels. In 2 Timothy 2:
23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
24And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
25Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

I looked back into the times in my life in which I had arguments with people I love, and yeah, the bible verses opened my eyes to see the underlying result and consequences of quarrels.
I never quarreled with my bf for 5 years, well, at least not much. I don't know why. But my friends always told me that quarreling is an usual thing in a relationship, and they commented that something was wrong with mine because I never really quarreled with my bf. Haha.

But then, at the moment I accpeted Christ, out of a sudden, quarreling became a 'norm' in our relationship. He said to me that it is a 'for-sure-will-happen' thing, because his friends also go through the same situation, quarreling over the conflicts in faith.

Both parties are hurt in quarrels. And sometimes, it even ended with break up. Is it worth quarreling for? Now I would say: NO.

I admit, for the sake of ego I had hurt my loved ones deeply through arguing and quarreling with them. And here, I want to confess and apologise to all these people, and especially you (if you are reading this), TY. I shouldn't have quarrelled. I realised that quarreling does not solve anything, instead it only creates resentment among ourselves and draw us furher apart from each other and from God.

I am sorry, and I love you.

PS: Read your email, TY. And I cried :') I've never read an email like this from you.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. He answered another prayer of mine!! Heehee. Just now all the library PCs were occupied and I thought I won't be able to online today. Then I went to M10, chat with AiChing, an prayed on my way back to the library that there will be a PC for me. Guess what? There was one when I entered the library! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment