Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

6.1.11

Journal 28.3.2010

Luke 7:36-50
The jar of perfume represented the sinful woman's lost dreams and disappointments in life. It reminded her of never finding/having a husband and incidents where men have abused her. But when Jesus came into town, she took the jar to him, broke it at his feet. She was judged for doing that, but Jesus said that she has loved much and her faith has made her well/saved her.

Just like the woman, I have disappointments bottled up in my life. I am disappointed with God for my uncle's death and the unfulfilled promises and I am disappointed with myself. I am drowning in my disappointments. It feels like I fell into a pit and God isn't lifting me up.

Perhaps, I should do what the woman did. Take my bottle of disappointments to Jesus, break it at his feet and have faith, trust that God will come through in His time. I need to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment