Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

6.12.08

Roller Coaster

(Inspired (if you consider it inspiration) by Corkscrew at Genting Outdoor Theme Park)

Small voice inside: Stop. Pause. Just look at what's happened in your life for the past 12 months.

Me: It's been a crazy roller coaster ride with impact and speed that almost threw me off the ride and left bruises all over! Ouch!

Small voice inside: How crazy? Really...

Me: There were loops at unexpected spots and the sharp corners totally jerked all my insides out of me :( But then again... no matter how crazy, it comes to a halt on even level in the end.

Small voice inside: So was it scary?

Me: Hmm, yeah, at first! But when the ride ended, I was glad the ride took me through scary loops and corners. They brought thrills that make the ride and every single scream worth while :P Plus...without those scary parts and the fact that I went through them all, I won't be encouraged to take the ride again, or even better, take more scary rides that guarantee more fun ;)

Small voice inside: Were you experiencing the thrills of the ride at every moment?

Me: Sigh...No :(

Small voice inside: Why not?

Me: That's cos I was thinking about something else at some moments instead of just surrendering to the ride and wherever it will take me to.

Small voice inside: What was in your mind then?

Me: Please don't laugh... I was thinking 'What if something goes wrong with the structure?", "What if there was technical problem with it?", "What if a bolt or a gear was loosened?", "Will the ride fly-off from the rail?", "What if I never make it alive?" (HAHA)

Small voice inside: So if you hadn't think about all that, would the ride be any different to you?

Me: Oh definitely! I would have enjoyed it even more :) I guess if I hadn't worry so much about what would happen or be so bogged down by work, to-do's, tasks, deadlines, or fear that life would go so wrong for me, 2008 would have been so much better. The ride would have been more fun!

Small voice inside: Any regrets?

Me: Nuh... the past is the past. There's nothing I can change about that. But...with what I've learned, I can change the way I face the roller coaster rides that are to come :)

Small voice inside: Hey, you did say life in 2008 left bruises all over ya. Do they still hurt now?

Me: Hmm...now that you mention it...you know what? They are all gone and I didn't even notice it :D Wohoo!!

Just Me: Life is a roller coaster ride if you live it, not just do it. And trust me, it will be a damn cool ride if you surrender to the thrill.

DISCLAIMER: Sorry if this post is boring to you. It's a result of not blogging for ages. Please pardon me ;)

LIVE life, don't DO it.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Finally you are back!!!

    It's very thought-provoking post... About the structure and bolts...Yes I HAVE THE SAME FEAR- and I'm sure more fear than you did! Still learning how to enjoy the ride... Long way to go...

    I hope that you blog more... I actually like to read your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Aww..Thanks! Thank God! I remember praying after I accepted Christ that He'll use me, even my blog, to encourage others or just bring Him glory.

    Joy, u r so sweet! I just mentioned to a friend recently about you..how much u like Josh Groban :P and then it hit me, I really miss u, aiching n amanda! sob sob

    But hey, all those fears we face, they are common to man ;) If Christ faced them and conquered them, we can too! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellloooo :)
    Good post...makes me think.I like.Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea.. finally! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally wat, glenn??

    ReplyDelete