Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

18.12.08

Perfectly Imperfect.

On 7th August, 2008, I celebrated my 24th year on the Earth (the only planet in the galaxy that has chocolates I presume). It was suppose to be a day of rejoicing & cheering for my existence but yet, I had one concern that is more serious than the huge-volcanic pimple on my face on this day that I should feel perfect just being myself... even after spending 12,441,600 minutes spinning in the orbit around the sun, I was still imperfect.

Whether it was...
- looks (e.g. if only Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba were real plain Jane's like me)
- character (e.g. too nice, too loyal, and in the end became a doormat)
- career (e.g. I'll never make it with my blur-ness. I am not sharp as the Samurai sword)
- finance (e.g. arghh! Why did I get that piece of junk?Now I don't even have money to eat)
- family (e.g. I never seemed to be there for them when they needed me)
- friends (e.g. [can't think of anything as example :P])
- ministry (uhuh!)
- you name it
... imperfection was all I felt. And I felt it to the core of me.

Am I really that miserable? 'NO', Jesus said, softly yet powerfully, in John 9:1-5 on this very special day in my life.

"No one is born perfect, just like the man in this passage. He was born blind but Jesus said the reason was "so that the works of God might be displayed in him". God made me exactly as He has wonderfully planned. He made me perfectly with my unique imperfections so that through His fire that removes them, His magical work in me may be seen. As imperfect as I am, in God's eyes I am perfectly imperfect - my imperfections are turning points for His glory that surpasses all perfections in me to truly shine." - abstract from Life Journal dated 7/8/2008.

Him changing my sight to see that I am perfectly imperfect, and making me so secure even in my imperfections.

That's REAL magic ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment