Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

3.11.09

The Reason I Smile.

Cheerful; Joyful; Bubbly; Chirpy; Always Smiling; The Girl With The Big Smile.
These are the labels people always gave to me.

But the truth is, I don't always feel like smiling, and I don't have a trouble-free life. This morning was one of the mornings I woke up and didn't feel like smiling at all.

I felt tired even after I slept for almost 10 hours. I didn't feel like smiling because I know there are things ahead of me which I was too chicken to face. Difficulties are waiting for me, with pain and hurt by its sides. I didn't look forward to the day. And my struggles are mocking me.

But... above all that, the person who gave his life for me is smiling to me. He never and will never stop smiling to me as he looks at me no matter what I've done, what I've said and what my circumstances are.

Yes, I don't feel like smiling everyday. But I resolved to smile anyway because Jesus smiles to me, and at me.

I smile because my Provider will care for my every need.
I smile because my King has conquered every sin, shame, guilt, pain and fear for me.
I smile because my Refuge is always there, opening His arms wide for me to run to when I am hurt.
I smile because my Deliverer hears my cries and saves me from being destroyed by my troubles.
I smile because my Healer heals my broken heart.
I smile because my Shepherd abandons all that he has to bring me back to him.
I smile because my Redeemer has ransomed me with His life!
I smile because my Lover loves me irregardless.
I smile because my Teacher guides me and leads me in my wilderness so that I will not be consumed by confusion.
I smile...because the Creator of the universe gave His life, and made Himself available to be with a person whose life is but a breath - me.

Jesus is the reason that I smile.

:) I hope you are smiling because of him too.

2 comments:

  1. i smiled after i read your entry. thanks for making me smile. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love u too! :) miss u le

    ReplyDelete