Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

30.5.09

A taste of disobedience.

Being a parent must be hard, especially to have your kid disobeying you when what you asked of them is really for their best.

I am not a parent (yet). But two weeks ago, I got a taste of how it feels like to have someone I treat as my kid to disobey me.

There was this kid I teach at a tuition centre my friend ran for underachieving kids in this place. She's smart and sharp, but she obviously doesn't know that. Two weeks ago, she totally disobeyed all my instructions to the the kids in my small class and simply refused to do anything I asked them to do. She started throwing her exercise book on the floor, screaming at another kid and then rubbed her exercise book furiously until it tore.

I had a very good reason to be angry at her behaviour. It was affecting the others in the small class too. Calming her down wasn't helping (maybe I suck at that :P). But strangely I didn't feel bit angry at all.

I was heartbroken, instead.

There is so much in her and I love her to bits. When she behaved so badly that day, I wanted to cry. I was sad that she disobeyed me, not angry. I can't imagine what's going on in her head then. However, I learnt from this experience that my God feels exactly the same way too when I disobey Him.

The last thing He wants to do is to punish me. He is slow to anger, quick to forgive. It would really break His heart if I disobeyed Him. He would be sad first... like how I felt that day two weeks ago.

Great lesson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment