Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

25.7.08

Durian Seasons come and go, but has the nation changed?

I am so excited about the upcoming 51st year of independence of my country.

When I drove pass the durian stalls by the sides of roads (they are everywhere), I smiled at the thought of having the chance to eat the king of fruits again. Durians are indeed something that make me proud as a Malaysian.

But when I switch back to reality and see the things that are going on in the political, economic and social arena. My heart sank to the deepest pits there is within me.

It's been 51 years since the first time our ancestors shouted with joy and hope 'Merdeka!'
But can we shout the same word that is so meaningful with the same joy and hope today?

I would love to think that the nation has changed for good after 51 years of independence. There only needs to be the slightest hint of good administration of the nation to make me think that. It is however very very unfortunate that I cannot think so.

I can't even tell who is telling the truth anymore. Is Anwar's allegation true? Or is the IGP's defamation claim a right reflection? Or perhaps the comic depicting how the Executive is covering all the bigger issues that affect the nation with a single mattress in the Star the correct enunciation of Malaysia's state?

Justice must not only be done. It must be seen to be done.

Haha, I sure hope so. But I don't see it at all. There's no fair play anymore in the legal system (and I have no idea how can a respected person I admire said rule of law is observed).

I love Malaysia.
I love Malaysians too.
But........ *sigh*


Happy Merdeka to y'all.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I have to agree with what you have said. Reason I came back to Malaysia is that I love this country; all the friends that i have, all the great fruits and foods, all the great sceneries, all the great blend of cultures, all the mamaking and yum cha-ing etc

    But recently I kept wondering why God told me to be back. All the miserables just keep coming n coming, including this political issues. That night when john, wen han n i went out yum cha, we were wondering whether the government staff are actually educated or not. Adjustment of inflation is really bad as they only consider bout the price of one item which actually influences the price for other stuff like rice etc. Then the statistic for ppl being employed dunno whether it's true or not coz currently companies all over malaysia are looking for ppl but it's reported that ppl r unemployed. have no idea what malaysia is becoming but i really hope God will change this nation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah..4got to mention this as well:

    "but at the same time, God has blessed me in so many ways that those miserables are nevertheless nothing at all."

    hehe...

    ReplyDelete