Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

30.5.07

Moving forward.

Some of us may be stuck in a stage in life. We don't seem to be going anywhere. Everything in life seem stagnant.

One of the reasons for this 'traffic jam' is because we hold on to the past. When we are about to take the step forward by lifting up our feet (it doesn't matter whether it's your right foot or left foot), we turn our gaze back to the past. When we see the past and stay there dwelling in it even for just a second, we will never move forward. We will forever be stuck if we continue to look back into our past.

The past is THE PAST. We may have regrettable sins, foolish decisions, moral failure and all the 'what if's in our heads. But they are nothing else but the past. It has already happened and there is nothing you can do about it. Our life is not controlled by a remote where we can rewind and correct the mistakes we have made or change a circumstance that will make a difference today.

Leave the past or it will never leave you. So many people who have been hurt in the past kept dweeling in it. It only causes them more pain in life.

A woman was abducted by a man who did all imaginable evil things to her. He raped her and mutilated her body in every possible way. When he was done with her, she was 3 inches from death. He then drove her into the middle of nowhere, and threw her body into the bush by the side of the road. After he drove off, the woman gathered all the stregth that was left in her scarred body and crawled slowly and painfully to the road to get help. Only God knows why... when she reached the road, a car stopped. It was that man again.

He then picked her up and drove her to a place where he hurt her again. He then left her at the place to die. Someone found her and brought her to the hospital. When she was physically healed, the hospital staff were thinking that she would need a lot or mental-repair because of what happened to her.

So, on the day when she was supposed to receive psychological treatment, they counselled her first. When they asked her "How are you?". She just replied "I'm fine". They couldn't believe her and kept asking her that question and said to ther that they understand how painful it would be. She responded "Look, that man took one night out of my life. But I will not allow my other nights to be robbed by the incident."

Even the Bible says in Proverbs 24:16 - A righteous man may fall seven times and rise again. Can you imagine if after once of twice he fell, he just lay there and think about how he fell and what he shouldn't have done, he will remain on the floor and never get up? When Jesus called the disciples to follow him, they did without looking back. They just left their fishing net and whatever they were doing and followed him. If one of them had just looked back for a second, they would have missed the chance of being one of the disciples.

I personally have held on to the past and looked back many times at the mistakes I have made, all the opportunites I lost and the things that I regret doing. After reading the Word of God this morning, I know what to do with them. I can't change them because they are the past. But what I can do is to look ahead. Move on and forward without looking back. I have learned from the past. These lessons I will carry with me as I grow, but I will not allow them to stop me on my track.

Hope this post have blessed you.

5 comments:

  1. hi, i'm Giorgio, Joy's housemate.

    this comment is off-topic, but i love planet earth for the same reason you do ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,
    well i feel you, i can relate.. maybe not the same but someting like that, but we are not alone huh! Christ is with Us! we should be glad of it, I am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:50 pm

    Hey Sin. Yes, this post has blessed me. Thanx for sharing. *hug* Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love u guys!
    It's unbelievable how life can change with this step of moving forward without looking back.

    Thanks for the comment Giorgio.

    God bless all of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi,

    is wonderful to read your post as now a days i am drag to my past. But GOD is great that he remind me for i should look forward. Thanks for sharing..

    Take care always.

    Jarod

    ReplyDelete