Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

23.11.05

Malaysia's Trademark Scary Ppl

The bus ticket sellers at the Butterworth jetty are suppose to sell tickets... not scare people!

They are so annoying. They will ask every single person they see at the station "Pergi mana? KL? Ipoh? KL?"... "Ah Moi, mau pergi mane?"... "Lai, KL, Ipoh?Alor Setar?"... Once a guy even asked me " Ki to lok (where to in hokkien), An Soon ah?" Hello?? Do I have a line written on my forehead saying that I'm from An Soon??

Worse still, some of them think that people around them are deft! They don't ask us where do we want to go... they scream at us! If you shook your head after they bombarded you with one or two questions on your destination, they will bombard you with extra free questions.. and they are still regarding your destination. Get a grip!! I shook my head and said No already! Now leave me alone!

So I observed how all these ticket sellers approach each an every single person whether they are standing, sitting on the bench or brisk walking to catch their bus. They are so annoying that people just ignore them. I bet if they just sat at their ticket counters and attend to customers who came to the counter, they would have gotten more business... and scared less people.

Maybe having to stay at the filthy bus station does things to you... it makes you go nuts perhaps.

But these scary bus ticket sellers have no right to turn us ordinary people into nuts like them too.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely not nuts like them. I'm a nut, but a different kinda nut. :)

    ReplyDelete