Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

12.10.11

Rest if you want to live life to the fullest.

It's always the belief that more is achieved by doing more with less rest. But ironically, without sufficient rest, less is done.

Sometimes, I wake up feeling lousy because I haven't had enough rest the night before. I stayed up late, thinking I can do more. But the lack of rest also has its side effects, I become less productive, less alert, less sharp in my mind and less efficient.

This morning I got a knock on my heart from God on rest. Not only I do less with less rest, I actually cannot live life to the fullest and enjoy my walk with Christ! Restlessness is one of the reasons why we don't recognize God when He is near, when He is speaking to us, and what He is doing in the unseen realm. For me, restlessness robbed me of how I don't hear God's whispers of love to me through the beauty of what's around me.

I realised that this morning. Rest is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment