Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

16.11.10

Insignificantly Famous.

There's a new movie in my Favourite-List : Unstoppable.

I watched it last Saturday with Teng Yung, and we both liked it a lot. It's intense and every minute gives an on-the-edge feeling. The best part is that it is inspired by true events!

Denzel Washington and Chris Pine's characters, Frank Barnes and Will Colson were based on 2 men named Jon Hosfeld and Mike Smith who actually lived the story depicted in the blockbuster movie that happened on 15th May 2001. So many people lived because of their courage in risking their own lives to stop the rain, now known as the 'Crazy Eights'.

After watching the movie, I thought about how awesome that it is inspired by true events. It hit me that those events really happened, and those men really did it! But if it wasn't for the movie, me and so many people wouldn't have known about this significant event.

There must have been incidents in our lives where real people risked their lives or made sacrifices to save us or to make a real-significant-meaningful difference. But they never made the news, and even if it did, it wouldn't have been as famous as 'Who's Justin Bieber Dating Now' or 'Lady Gaga's Meat Purse'.

I know many people in my life like Hosfeld. What they've done may be insignificant on the world's scale of significance in comparison to other news. But to me, they are the real famous people, and they are really insignificantly famous. Eternally significant.

Do you know someone like that in your own life? :)

If yes, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment