Disney Sunset

Disney Sunset
Disney Sunset

14.12.09

Bahasa Kuala.

I am back in my hometown for two days. It is great to be home and have the chance to spend time with my family, and the two new dogs at home.

We went to a local coffee shop for breakfast this morning. There were a few stalls selling a variety of noodles and one particular Indian stall selling nasi lemak and roti canai.

What caught my attention in the coffee shop was the dialect the people were speaking in. They were conversing in the local Kuala (Perak) dialect in Bahasa. Words like 'bagus' is 'bagui', 'kamu' is 'hang', and etc.

After staying in KL for so long, I have somehow forgotten the amusing yet important dialect in the Kuala community, a common dialect that united all races and brought people together irregardless of background, faith and age!

I haven't been back in Kuala for a while. And it is great to be back! I love Kuala Kangsar! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment